Can you imagine how kitchens would look like in 2040? IKEA visualized its vision for a kitchen of future. The “SKARP” concept has been designed after 2,000 people were surveyed on how kitchens would look like in 2040. The picture below shows how hi-tech kitchens would look like and what gizmos they would feature.
- Food is grown on this shelf without soil.
- 3D food printer
- Fridge, with an interactive 3D screen.
- Multi-touch tap.
- Self-cleaning surfaces.
- This tool displays nutritional info of ingredients.
- Remote-controlled cooker.
- Retractable shelves.
- Height-adjustable cabinets.
- Energy monitor.
- Genetically-engineered food.
- Roll-out chopping boards and draws.