Forget the feng shoi principle not to place a mirror in your bedroom and let’s see how you can use it there to advantage. A mirror in your bedroom can visually enlarge the space or create a nice focal point. If you don’t have a separate dressing room or walk-in closet, a mirror in the bedroom is a must; a mirror in a beautiful frame will accentuate any interior and can make your bedroom look bigger. Here are some tips to decorate with mirrors.
Enlarging Your Bedroom
- More light. Does the room seem dark and small? Buy a large floor mirror and put it next to the window. Natural light will be reflected and will fill the whole room, making it lighter and therefore more spacious.
- One more dimension. Put two tall mirrors to reflect the ceiling. To achieve the greatest effect, hang a large crystal chandelier.
- More volume. Put a mirror in the corner to give your space a new volume, just keep sure that it reflects something good and not a radiator.
How To Decorate With Mirrors In Your Bedroom
- Wardrobe with mirror doors. Place such a wardrobe in front of the window so that it reflected more light and you’ll get a place for storing your clothes and a mirror to get dressed in front of it.
- Between the windows or next to the window. The wall between the windows is typically plain, so you can place your mirror there to reflect the most beautiful parts of the room.
- A step above and beyond. Put a mirror opposite the entrance to make this corner of the room bigger. You can store your clothes there, and it’ll be a perfect space full of light.
- Entrance to the bathroom from your bedroom. This entrance can be mirrored to expand the space and to let you look at yourself in full length.
- Mirrors in the headboard. This wall is usually the focal point in each bedroom, so if you make it mirrored, especially if these are original mirrors, you’ll get an eye-catchy look.
If you like large headboards and modern décor at the same time, pair tall framed mirrors and make a large headboard in the center. Add a couple of the lamps to highlight the symmetry.
If you are a fan of beautiful vintage looks, try a mirror screen in old French style, it’ll add sophistication to your bedroom.
Eye-catchy framed mirrors above your bed can add style and beauty without being oversized.
Two tall and one small mirror in a spectacular frame between them will give your bedroom a stylish symmetry and look eye-catching.
- Mirrors above the dresser. If you don’t know how to fill the wall above the dresser, hang a mirror, such a duo will be practical and beautiful.
- Over the fireplace. If you have a fireplace in your bedroom, opt for a traditional French or English chic solution – hang an oversized mirror over it, you won’t regret it!
- Decorative combos of several mirrors. Gather a collection of mirrors that are similar in at least one feature – shape, finish or color of the frame or buy some identical ones and create an accent with them.