The weather is getting colder and colder and to get warm and cozy we gather around the fireplaces. But the design and style of your home shouldn’t be spoilt with the excessive wood. How can you store it in a stylish way?
1. The architectural area and furniture in the room. Look for some niches or alcoves above or on the sides of the fireplace; put the firewood on the shelves, in the bookcase or in any furniture piece – that would make your fireplace the focal point of the room and the storage will be very original.
2. A special closet for the firewood. If you need much wood and there’s really no space to store it near the fireplace – make a separate storage place for the wood. It can be even without doors to make the firewood one more accessory.
3. Harmonize the style of your firewood storage with your fireplace. If you have an open fireplace within your home then keep your storage area near or connected to it. For fireplaces that stand free then check out websites and local artisans for ideas about the storage area.
4. Outdoor furniture or areas. One great functional and amazing idea which helped to keep the firewood dry and well-kept is by storing it underneath a seating bench. Also, set it so that it will be in a convenient location like close to the porch or patio area or even the garage portion.
5. Buy or make special log stands. Log stands can be very stylish and elegant, so you won’t need to hide anything – on the contrary! Make your firewood an accent, it will add warmth and coziness to your space.
6. Baskets for firewood. Baskets make any space cozier and a little bit more rustic, so why not buy a huge one for storing the wood? It’s very comfy in using and looks great.
7. Special wood-storage furniture. Today many designers are eager to help you to organize the wood storage creating some awesome pieces to make it a stylish and exciting accessory – not just wood.