Today’s roundup is right for millennials – you are probably secured your first apartment and puzzling over how to decorate and what items to buy first. You need to slowly fill up your new space while paying the rest of the bills, too. This roundup doesn’t include any essentials like beds, fridges, pots, tables but it includes some things that add personality and comfort to your space, which, we know, is one of the most important things ever.
- Rugs add character and cozy up any space, and for some styles like boho chic, it’s essential. Go for a printed rug or one with detail that suites the mood you are trying to go for.
- A statement mirror or an artwork. This is another idea to add a personal touch to the space, decorate a blank wall with any art or poster you like. If you prefer to go the design root, a large framed mirror can really tie the space together too.
- Considering the fact that most apartments don’t have a garden, you’ll need a lot of plants at home. Go for big plants like ferns, cacti or rubber plants which are really easy to take care of. Adding interesting vases, hand-crafted clay pots makes your plant feature even greater.
- Beanbags or an ottoman. Beanbags are great comfortable seatings that don’t take much space and don’t require difficult cleaning, and an ottoman can double as a coffee table, which is very functional.
- Two big pillows and a throw. Invest in two well-sized pillows and a colorful throw to put over your sofa and you’re basically ready to host your first movie night.
- Quirky mugs and glasses. Trendy drinkware with bold catch phrases are very in right now. Four extra large wine glasses also add that chic touch to any kitchen especially if you have open cabinets.
- Utensils holder. You need to have your cutlery on display but organized too. Purchase chic utensil holder, a stainless steel and brass one is pretty good in this case and store your big kitchen utensils.
- A bedside table. Bedside tables give you extra storage space and a placement for your lamps. They can be the same or similar ones or even mismatching, which is a hot trend. Add lamps and everything you wanna store and you’ll feel comfortable and at home.
- Basket bins are great for bathrooms and bedrooms and are super affordable. They can be used for storing various things and you may also insert pots in them.
- Exposed clothing rail. Showcase your stylish clothes and make it part of decor: exposed closets are very popular now and look very up-to-date.
- A work desk and chair. This is for those of you who don’t have a separate work nook – organize it in your bedroom. Choose a desk and a chair that you like, maybe old ones to renovate, and create what you like for your home. add a stylish lamp and a plant, and voila!
- A hanging storage rack for bath/shower products – here everything is absolutely clear.
- Stylish towels on a hanger/rack. Make sure you’ve hung one near the sink for guests to fry off their hands.
- Storage containers. Keep your bathroom organized in a chic way adding proper containers in your bathroom style.
- Scented candles or essential oil burner. Fill your bathroom with adorable relaxing smells, which will keep it fresh throughout the day naturally and will make your bath experiences more relaxing for sure.
- A bathroom mat. These can collect lots of germs so make sure to buy a rubber one or one that can be easily cleaned. The darker the color is, the better.