Here are the latest trends that are impacting kitchen and appliance design.
- Disintegration of traditional working zones in the kitchen. Now, the cooking zone, storage zone, beverage zone, and so on are interacting with each other.
- Disintegrated products like refrigerator drawers—you may have several of them in different zones, not just a big refrigeration center.
- The fully integrated look—including the induction cooktop—is becoming a popular alternative.
- New finishes. Stainless steel has been extremely common in kitchen design, but new finishes in the metal family are being introduced, and durable and scratch-resistant graphite is one of them.
- Larger, commercial-style products like the French-door wall ovens have appeal for dedicated home cooks.